NarutoVerse Reborn!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto brought back to NWN.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
If you want this back up PM me on the Forums (Host) Kurama I have a stable host platform now and am willing to have this going again with limited DM activity. It would be purely just for fun, no complaining no BS. Current Public IP 66.114.180.15

DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Jigsaw

DM Jigsaw

DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events  Empty
PostSubject: DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events    DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

The Event System wrote:
The following system is utilized for my major event lines and should be paid attention to in order to provide a smooth, streamlined event pace.

As a preliminary note, these lights are OOC during my events. I will use other visual effects for things if necessary.
During my events, you will come across various shafts of light that work as stop lights and points of interest in order to properly guide the pacing of the event.

Note: These are /major/ points of interest, and the players involved are welcome to roleplay out searching for, listening to, or trying to spot any other inconsistencies or clues for their own purposes. These extra tidbits of information will not be given freely, and must be sought out by the players of their own accord.

Red Lights: Stop Light! This marks a major transition for the event, and is often a spot that requires all other lights in the area to be explored, or is a place for descriptive purposes for the event. These lights may be traversed ICly, but the entire party [and by proxy, the event] will not progress unless certain conditions are met, or the party is properly gathered to continue.

Blue Lights: Major Points of Interest! These lights mark major points of interest that players can seek out and search in especially in order to find some major plot point. Interacting with these lights can often progress the event past a Red Light or Marker, and can also provide the characters with more information either for short term or long term success. Of course, they could also be interesting tidbits of information, and are, in 95% of cases, entirely optional.

Yellow Lights: Obstacles and Traps! These lights mark traps or other obstacles that need to be bypassed by the players. These lights often mean that the characters in question will need to make some sort of DC to avoid being injured or hindered in some other way. Failing an obstacle roll could also split up the group, cause the endgame to be more difficult, or other such hindrance. Sometimes, traps can denote places of interest, and searching in these areas, while dangerous, may prove fruitful to the group at large.

Purple Lights: People of Interest! These are people in an area that the group may speak to in order to learn valuable information or other quest/adventure-related information. Sometimes, in large crowds, even particularly notable people can be seen and approached. Approaching people in such a manner may cause them to flee or act as hostiles, but are also generally useful for gaining an item, a bit of knowledge, or some other bonus towards the event itself. These, as with the blue lights, are optional.

White Lights: Random Effect. This Light means there is a possible chance for any of the above to happen. Will you take risk to chance for a reward? Or will you back away and seek safety.

Live or die. It's your choice.

Last edited by DM Jigsaw on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM Jigsaw

DM Jigsaw

DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events    DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

Skill List

SkillStat ModifierBonus From StatPoints AllocatedTotal Score
AcrobaticsDEX+0
AppraiseINT+0
BluffINT+0
ClimbSTR+0
DecipherINT+0
DiplomacyWIS+0
Disable DeviceDEX+0
DisciplineSTR+0
ForgeryINT+0
Handle AnimalWIS+0
IntimidateINT/STR (Highest)+0
LoreINT+0
Knowledge (Nature)INT+0
Knowledge (Local)INT+0
Knowledge (Religion)INT+0
Knowledge (History)INT+0
LinguisticsINT+0
PerceptionWIS+0
PerformWIS+0
RideDEX+0
Sense MotiveWIS+0
Slight of HandDEX+0
SurvivalWIS+0
SwimSTR+0

These have no mechanical benefits towards dice-fights of any kind, they alone are special in my events unless another DM wishes to incorporate this system into their own. This is a simple, point-allocation, cut-and-dry system which I will below outline and give you the ins-and-outs.

Skills And You

• Each level grants a player 2 Skillpoints. Unlike traditional PnP, Intelligence modifier does not apply.
  • Each skill has a stat modifier, which equals the modifier of your stat, halved [Min. 1]. If you have an 8 intelligence modifier, it gives a fully stacking 4 to your skill.
  • Skills cannot go above half your level, with your modifier excluded. Say you are level 16, with 8 Lore, and 8 INT. That means you will roll a 1d20, and add your total skill of 16, for a total of your result +16.
  • System is used at DM discretion. To add cohesion to events, it is recommended you use this system, so as to allow more immersion and better story arcs for said events in question.

Examples

Given how potentially confusing this system is, a few key points of note are below.
Say you wish to see if one of your 'allies', is truly an ally. A DM will grant a 'Sense Motive' check and apply a DC to it. Depending on your result, the mission can branch into those paths.

Codes and Formats

Since the system in question does have a fancy table.. To add it to your biography, look at the code below and copy it into a new post, or existing post. As a recommendation, use 'Switch Editor' Mode, which is the rightmost button on the editing tool, to make it easier to edit your table with visual assistance.

CoderFormat wrote:
Code:
[center][size=24][color=#0066ff][font=Georgia][b]Skill List[/b][/font][/color][/size]

[table border="1"][tr][td]Skill[/td]
[td]Stat Modifier[/td]
[td]Bonus From Stat[/td]
[td]Points Allocated[/td]
[td]Total Score[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Acrobatics[/td]
[td]DEX[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Appraise[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Bluff[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Climb[/td]
[td]STR[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Decipher[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Diplomacy[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Disable Device[/td]
[td]DEX[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Discipline[/td]
[td]STR[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Forgery[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Handle Animal[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Intimidate[/td]
[td]INT/STR (Highest)[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Lore[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Knowledge (Nature)[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Knowledge (Local)[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Knowledge (Religion)[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Knowledge (History)[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Linguistics[/td]
[td]INT[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Perception[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Perform[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Ride[/td]
[td]DEX[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Sense Motive[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Slight of Hand[/td]
[td]DEX[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td]
[td]WIS[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td]
[td]STR[/td]
[td]+0[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Example wrote:
Skill List
Stat spread of: 22 STR (6 Mod), 12 DEX (1 Mod), 12 CON (1 Mod), 14 INT (2 Mod), 18 WIS (4 Mod), 12 CHA (1 Mod) [Level 12, 24 Skillpoints to Allocate. Max of 6 in Skill]
SkillStat ModifierBonus From StatPoints AllocatedTotal Score
AcrobaticsDEX+167
AppraiseINT+123
BluffINT+134
ClimbSTR+369
DecipherINT+101
DiplomacyWIS+222
Disable DeviceDEX+134
DisciplineSTR+303
ForgeryINT+101
Handle AnimalWIS+202
IntimidateINT/STR (Highest)+325
LoreINT+101
Knowledge (Nature)INT+101
Knowledge (Local)INT+101
Knowledge (Religion)INT+101
Knowledge (History)INT+101
LinguisticsINT+101
PerceptionWIS+202
PerformWIS+202
RideDEX+101
Sense MotiveWIS+202
Slight of HandDEX+101
SurvivalWIS+202
SwimSTR+303
As an example: The totals for Acrobatics bonus rolls would be 7. 6 Points allocated, 1 from Dexterity Modifier.

Ending Notes

• While not a mandatory system for events from other DMs, I will be seeking to use this system as well as I can to add a bit more depth to the events I run, to add fun for everyone.
  • Any questions can be asked in this thread, and I will answer to the best of my ability.
  • I do not intend for this to be an 'extra tracking' of numbers. I fully intend to use this system, and I do hope that players enjoy and use it to, much like our own little game of Pen-And-Paper.
Back to top Go down

DM Jigsaw's Light System & Skill System | An Introduction to my Events
Page 1 of 1